Friday, August 7, 2009

WOW! What a fast summer!


We had a great summer here at the Albright abode! We got to travel to the beach and the lake, went on outings to the Zoo, did a variety of church activities, swam in the pool, had pictures made of the kids and cleaned out our house and put it on the market (!). Mommy & Daddy traveled to Antigua for our 10th anniversary (AMAZING!) and the kids have only been "bored" for the last two weeks.


School starts for both kids the week of the 17th. I am starting back next week so we are squeezing a few more fun times before the daily grind begins. A will be in 1st grade (heaven help me!). G will be going to "school" full-time for the first time ever and while I debated this choice, I think that it will be the best for all of us. He needs a schedule and I need to get back to full-time work. Now, I do not currently have full-time work, just part-time at Homewood which was the same as last year. I am going to apply to substitute the other two days a week so that will do for now. I am just keeping my ear to the ground about counseling work that I can do in addition to the Homewood gig. Please add that to your prayer list....
We have decided to jump ship on the house because we are rapidly outgrowing our space. I would like less yard for Chris to fight with on the weekends and more grassy area for the kids to run and play. If you know anyone who wants to live in Meadowbrook, let me know!
I covet your prayers for our family because even though we have had a wonderful year for our little foursome, some of our extended family members are really hurting right now. There have been some great disappointments along with great hills to climb. The Lord knows what will come...
Blessings to you and yours! I am excited to be blogging again!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Kate, you have such a beautiful family! It sounds like you've had a fun summer. I know you've heard this plenty of times, but I just feel as if I have to say it anyway, cherish these moments with your little ones. They grow up so fast!!!

I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pictures. Your kids are beautiful!

Take care!

Love,
Melissa