Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Getting ready...

Well, that blessed time has come upon us when the kiddies return to school and Mama rests her weary head from a full summertime of activity.........NOT! Mama gets to return to work too! No, I am really excited about returning to schedules and organized days and activities. I love the smell of freshly sharpened pencils and new notebook paper.....takes me back to some carefree days of yesteryear.

Anywho, everyone is prepared in the Albright household to tackle our new challenges ahead. Ava will begin first grade and is so excited. I have to admit that I am excited today because we get her class list in the mail- FINALLY! Between waiting for that blessed list and dress code worries, I am overwhelmed with my baby entering first grade. K5 was hard but this is as "real" as it gets. There is now homework and no toys in the classroom and social worries and did I mention, the dress code?!

Griffin will begin full-time REAL school at Samford CLC. He has been needing the structure (which I am obviously inept at providing) and the academics this program provides. Hey, college is not getting any cheaper! With his social ability, I am confident that he will succeed at learning the play/snack/story/lunch/nap routine! I cannot wait to hear what he tells his precious teacher, Mrs. Katrin, about our family!

Homewood Alternative kids better watch out because I'M BACK!! I am so excited about starting fresh and implementing some new ideas this year for my kids. I'll keep you posted about their progress.

Pray for us--

I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

No comments: