Friday, January 11, 2008

Moms and tennis shoes

Sorry about the spacing on the last post with the photos and descriptions- hope everyone figures out who is who.

Based on my day today, I believe that every new mother should be given a new pair of tennis shoes upon the birth of each and every baby she delivers! Here's why... My day began at 5:30 a.m. as usual. I did all the routine morning routines of drinking coffee, reading the paper, emptying the dishwasher, get Griffin out of the crib when he cries, greet Ava as she comes downstairs, feed the kids, dress the kids, shower, dress and fix myself, finish the grocery list and do basic straightening and cleaning so that we can leave the house in peace. I send Ava to school via Chris and finish routines and put on a load of laundry before I take Griffin to Mom's day out (yeah, right) at our church.

I should stop here and point out that I have already burned many calories up and down the stairs six times. I should also point out that Chris does assist in this morning routine! While he is not quite as fast as I am in the morning (he is not a morning person), he does help in many ways when I give him his tasks.

So anyway, by the time I drop off Griffin, I am pooped... I trek to Wal-mart where I weave through every single aisle and manage to leave 2 hours later and much, much poorer. I scurry home to unload cold items before I book it to carpool to pick up Ava at 11:45. My five minute wait in the carpool line was like a mini trip to the spa because no one was talking and I had nothing to catch up on in the car. After Chick-fil-A with Ava, because she needs alone time with Mommy too (!), we rush to pick up Griffin at MDO where the teachers inform me that he has eaten no lunch and don't know what is wrong...

Once home I put the other groceries away and begin my first of three loads of laundry. In between laundry, I feed Sydney, the dog, play "family going on the trip" with Ava, get Griffin to nap, start a load of dishes and talk to our children's minister about my upcoming trip to Shocco with my 4th and 5th grade bible drill class. (Did I mentioned that I am back on Weight Watchers and had only consumed about 7 of my 22 points at this point?)

I think I should stop here because I feel that you all get the picture: Moms need tennis shoes, good and sturdy tennis shoes.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hey Kate! Love the blog! Had a blast seeing you in Bham...can't wait to learn more about what it means to be Kate!
Love ya,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate! The blog is a great idea. Love looking at the pictures and so forth. About the new pair of tennis shoes - I believe we all can use several new pair:) Glad to know my day sounds like someone else's day. Wouldn't change it for anything though.;Love ,
Amy

Anonymous said...

5:30 a.m.? Wow. You are a go-getter. I love reading your stories and look forward to many more.
Love and miss you. Maria