Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A great man is gone...

I received word about 8:35 p.m. that Uncle Ed is gone. He had fought this fight with cancer for 15 years. I remember so clearly the day that Mom and Dad told us that he had this awful disease. As a young 16 year old, I cried and cried because everyone I had known with cancer eventually died. Now, this man has gone home to be with the Lord and I am still crying and crying. My tears are not for what has been but for what was to come. I am crying because his two grandchildren and one on the way will not get to fully experience the man I called Uncle Fred. I know that stories and photos help but I cannot help but hurt for them. Please pray for our sweet family who, while rejoicing at the home-going, cry at what we have lost.

1 comment:

Kelley and J.T. said...

Kate,

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. You and your family are in our prayers.