Monday, November 9, 2009

Grayson at Samford Homecoming

Me and the G-man hit Samford Homecoming last weekend for some football fun! Before the game, I gave Grayson the "nickel" tour of all my old stomping grounds around campus. We immediately hit the bookstore for Grayson to purchase a Samford shirt and cap. He was so pumped that they carried the Under Armor brand! Then we cruised by the food court (one of my favorite places back in the day) for Icees. We walked around the Quad and listened to a band play in front of the Student Services building. Vail (my freshman dorm) was just up the hill so I convinced Grayson to go up there so I could show him my old window and where I used to park. He was really anxious to get to the game at this point!

While we were waiting for them to open the football stadium gates, we peaked in the awesome Divinity School Chapel. It is incredible with a painted ceiling and very ornate furnishings. I made Grayson stand at the pulpit because I know that Poppa prays that he is a Pastor one day! As I took this photo, I told him that one day he may preach from this pulpit! We shall see...


Grayson's 3rd grade teacher at Brook Hill, Mrs. Alexander, has a son, Wes, that plays football for the Bulldogs. She was excited to have Grayson at the game and even brought a jersey of Wes's for Grayson to try on.

The highlight of Grayson's day came after the game when he got to meet Wes in person and have him sign his cap. I wish everyone (especially his mom and dad) could have seen Grayson's face when Wes gave him his actual game gloves. It was so precious! Pure joy! Wes was so kind to Grayson and wrote the Bible reference for Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

No comments: