Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

My Mother's Day was great! We went to see the "fam" in Randolph County on Saturday (very long trip with approximately 5 stops!!). Everyone was glad to see the kids, especially Maw-Maw Velma who celebrated her 82nd birthday that day. She had a wonderful, gooey chocolate cake (my kids dove in!!) and many family members to help her celebrate. Maw-Maw is more than just Chris' grandmother, she is the grandmother I never had due to the loss of both before I was three. She has been so good to me over the past 12 years! I love you Maw-Maw!!



I was awakened Sunday with coffee in bed and breakfast smells wafting through our room. The eggs, bacon and toast were better than any 5 star restaurant I have ever been to! We attended church at our home church of Meadow Brook Baptist followed by a lovely lunch at Panera Bread (we had to move fast due to nap constraints). After we got home, Chris put Griffin down for a nap and swam with Ava while I indulged myself in my latest read. After their swim, Ava & Chris cooked me homemade chocolate chip cookies. I was good for nothing on Sunday!! It was great!! Here's a cheer to Moms everywhere!!



As for the last photo, I realized that the only pic of Sydney is on our very first post. Here is a reminder of my precious firstborn...

No comments: